Give Your Life Away
Give your life away
Verse: “If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.”
Matthew 10:39 NLT
Peter: leader of the disciples according to the way they are listed. (So many reasons why he shouldn’t be the leader) one reason why he is:
he gave up his life to Christ.
1. Gave up his life on the boat:
Had the treasures the world says we should have and gave them up. Family must have told him he was crazy and stupid.
2. Gave up his life on the boat: walking on water
Peers must have told him he was crazy. (JESUS WAS ALREADY THERE. WHENEVER YOU GIVE UP YOUR LIFE, KNOW JESUS HAS ALREADY DONE IT)
3. Why did peter give up his life so willingly? Didn’t care to look stupid or wrong? Did care to look crazy?
“For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.”
1 Peter 1:18-19 NLT
Have you forgotten that you didn’t have true life before Christ? That you were a slave? That your life is His and not yours.
4. Peter stopped giving up life:
Denying Christ three times.
(JESUS HAD WARNED THEM ABOUT DENYING HIM AND PETER FORGOT TRYING TO SAVE HIS LIFE)
5. When did you stop giving up your life?
Me... 6 years ago today. My sister died and left me as her trustee. I cared that people would think I had it under control. I was smart. I was going to make the kids a lot of money they way she did. I was going to show everyone that she wasn’t wrong for choosing me.
6. Peter was given another chance by Jesus when Jesus asked him three times if he loved Him. One declaration of love for every denial.
Jesus gives you a chance today.
Honor those that have given up their life
Rosie Rivera Flores